|Job Title:||Employment Coach (Vancouver, BC) – Serving Deaf & Hard of Hearing Community|
|Salary Range:||$55,098 - $57,042|
|Job Type:||Full-time, Permanent (In-office)|
Why CCRW?Creative. Innovative. Inclusive. Our team of motivated professionals are paving the way to a fully inclusive nation, because we believe that disability should never stand in the way of ambition. We drive solutions-focused approaches from coast to coast, delivering hands-on programming in local communities and fostering inclusive business partnerships. As leaders influencing policy change from across Canada to the U.N., CCRW employees enjoy diversity and flexibility in their roles. Our welcoming culture recognizes the passion and optimism of our teams, and we know that a healthy work-life balance is key to personal and professional growth. Join us as we continue to deliver service excellence across Canada.
The Role:The Employment Coach is responsible for providing direct employment counseling services to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community, working with clients to develop employment goals, and advocating for their needs. This role requires fluency in sign language, a deep understanding of Deaf culture, and the ability to work collaboratively with clients, community organizations, and government partners. The Employment Coach will support Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals, primarily youth, in navigating the job market, accessing resources, and achieving their career aspirations.
Requirements to be considered for this job:
- 1-2 years of Proven experience with return to work and/or employment focused case management services for jobseekers with disabilities
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in employment counselling, social services, communications, or combination or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Fluency in sign language and a deep understanding of Deaf culture.
- Familiarity with networks providing employment services and resources for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of employment trends, job market demands, and workplace accommodations for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume in one document, clearly indicating how they qualify for the role, to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCRW embraces and celebrates our country’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. CCRW is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse stakeholders, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Sign up to receive updates from CCRW.