Employment Facilitator- Youth the Future (Regional) (Oshawa, Brampton and Mississauga, ON)
|Job Title:||Employment Facilitator- Youth the Future (Regional)|
|Location:||Oshawa, Brampton and Mississauga, ON|
|Job Type:||Full-time; Permanent; In-office position|
- Brampton, ON
- Oshawa, ON
- Reporting to the CCRW Supervisor: Youth the Future Program, the CCRW YTF EF holds the unique responsibility to work as a team of three, to effectively recruit employers and ensure appropriate employment positions for cohorts of young people living with diverse Disabilities, during which time both Employment Facilitators deliver an 8 week pre-employment curriculum (virtual and in-person) in a highly interactive, accessible manner.
- The EF is able to transition seamlessly from an education to sales/recruitment setting and work effectively in a very small team to equitably share responsibilities, updates related to participant case management, and resolve conflict using the support of YTF Supervisor and/or Manager where necessary.
- The EF works as part of a team to identify and develop individualized employment and accommodations plans, as well as appropriate crisis interventions when needed. This position works collaboratively with team members regarding potential employment matches, training opportunities and acts as a support when employment matches are identified to ensure a successful transition.
- The incumbent is responsible to work collaboratively in a small team setting, to ensure strategic execution of Program activities and administrative functions with independence and community collaboration, utilizing a community development approach.
- The Employment Facilitator seeks leadership opportunities to ensure successful service delivery and the achievement of CCRW goals and outcomes. The position continuation is based on outcomes achieved and continued funding of the YTF Program contract through the Government of Canada.
The main accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Deliver, as part of a team of three, interactive virtual as well as in-person pre-employment training to young jobseekers with Disabilities in a motivational, accessible, inclusive and fun environment.
- Proactively Job Develop: cold calling, reaching out to local businesses to create opportunities for participants. Note that this requires effective “sales”, persuasiveness, and ability to “close”.
- Develop and refine curriculum and delivery methodologies based on feedback and teamwork, for both virtual and in-person workshop preparation and delivery. Seek out additional sources to address identified priority areas regularly.
- Troubleshoot program accessibility requirements for virtual participants and ensure full access to program.
- Administration of program processes and organization of required documentation
- Address and support access to accommodations requirements, from workshop to workplace
- Provide individualized support to create jobseekers’ action-oriented employment plans
- As part of a team, work with individual clients to ensure active participation in their job search
- In collaboration with the Job Developer (when applicable), communicate job opportunities to candidates and as part of a team, screen for potential matches
- Consistently follow up with clients and employers to facilitate employment retention and trouble shoot accommodations, in coordination with the Job Developers
- Provide employers with disability and employment related trainings and facilitate inclusion and accessibility workshops
Requirements to be considered for this job:
- Proven ability to deliver interactive skills-building workshops - ideally to youth with Disabilities, and/or other demographics experiencing barriers to social integration.
- Demonstrated experience in direct sales, job development or other related skills, ideally in high volume environments
- Proven experience working with youth and/or employment focused case management services for jobseekers with disabilities
- High achievement orientation to meet and exceed targets
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in employment counselling, social services, education, communications or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Demonstrated knowledge in Disability accommodation
- Experience working with a wide variety of individuals from a cross-disability perspective
- Experienced with motivational interviewing techniques
- Organized and comfortable with office administration, experience using MS Office Suite.
- Access to reliable transportation and high-speed internet at home
Working Hours & Work Environment
- Position may require occasional work hours (evenings and weekends) outside the standard Monday to Friday work week on an as needed basis.
- Extensive computer and telephone use.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CCRW embraces and celebrates our country’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. CCRW is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse stakeholders, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CCRW Perks Included:Benefits:
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP/TFSA match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Sign up to receive updates from CCRW.